We try to keep tablet news to Tablet Saturdays, but people are frothing at the mouth for the iPad III and any news pertaining to it, so here’s what we’ve been told: It might be available some time in March, preceding Apple’s annual gala in June.
According to a Japanese blog, Apple should hold a
…in other words, a press conference, in early March to announce the arrival of the iPad 3 in stores later that month.
Apple manufacturers Foxconn and Pegatron have already cranked up the assembly lines and have started manufacturing the mobile computing devices, and Foxconn will be producing at least 85 percent of the tablets in addition to being Apple’s primary manufacturer of the iPhone 5; Pegatron will produce the remaining 15 percent.
With those figures under it’s projection belt, it’s no wonder that Foxconn opened two new factories to handle Apple’s orders.
Please note, though, that this is still unofficial information. Regardless of how reliable sources are historically, Apple is the originating source of official releases and announcements.
We’re still excited, though; we’d love to get our hands on a pre-production model to give it a good testing examination. The tablet world has many models that advance technology by noticeable increments, and we can’t wait to see what the iPad III actually brings to the tablet table.
We know very little about the next-gen iPad. Rumours have it that it will present a 9.7-inch screen with a 2048 x 1536 pixel-resolution at 264 pixels per square inch or ppi. Beyond that, it’s close to anyone’s guess.
Apple may have unusual trust issues with new employees, putting them to work on fake projects to check their “leak-proof” factor, but even those of us who thrive on news, news, news have to take our e-hats off to them for their project security.